Thursday, February 8, 2007

Cooking Pasta

I began by boiling about 6 or 7 cups of water. I put it in the medium sized pot, on the bottom left flame, because that is the hottest flame on my stove. Then I waited for the water to boil. I walked away and came back when I could hear the little metal piece on the lid bouncing up and down, which is an indication that the water is boiling. Then I poured in a little more than half a box of colorful, cylindrical spiral pasta. I let it cook for about 10 minutes, until it was soft. I tested it before I turned off the flame. The first time I tested it was softer on the outside but still a little hard on the inside. I let it cook more and when I tested it again, it was the right softness. I took the pot off the stove and over to the sink where I poured the pasta into the colander. Then I was done. The End.

No comments: