Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Mixing Things up at Burritoville

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I considered myself someone who didn't eat fast food because I don’t eat at McDonalds or Burger King, but as it turns out, I am really eating fast food at least once a week. And that’s because I am a Burritoville junkie. So I took this project as an excuse to eat there today.

When I got there with Devin, neither of us knew what we wanted so we ate some tortilla chips with salsa while we decided. I tried to order some salad my mother ordered from there this weekend, but I didn’t order it right and I didn’t get exactly what I was hoping for. I ordered a salad in the fried tortilla shell, which I didn’t get, but I asked for it after I noticed there wasn’t one. So I started eating my salad that consisted of lettuce, tomato, some sort of jerk chicken, tortilla chips, guacamole, cheese and sour cream. I started eating it and thought it tasted pretty good. Then my shell was ready so I took half of my salad and dumped it into the shell. I broke the shell off into a chip size and shoveled some salad onto it with my fork and took a bite.

I gave some of my shell to Devin, who thought it was so good he order one for himself, to eat with his burrito-bowl, which I also ate. The burrito bowl had lettuce, brown rice, black beans, a green hot sauce, chicken, cheese and sour cream. When I was eating that I tasted mostly the chicken, beans and rice, what I didn’t taste, and Devin said was pretty hot, was the green hot sauce. Devin dumped his whole burrito bowl into his friend tortilla shell.

We kept eating and towards the bottom of my salad I realized the bottom of the shell we soggy and gross, go figure. I was thinking about how unhealthy these fried tortilla shells were, how if you go to the fair everything is fried like this. (That’s when Devin says, “we should eat these with everything.”)

Anyways, we kept eating the food and then I decided to mix what was left in my bowl with what was left in Devin’s, so I just emptied my plate of food onto his. At that point, I was full but I kept eating what tasted like a pure concoction. Eventually I stopped eating the burrito-bowl-salad concoction and ate a few more tortilla chips, dipping them in sour cream, before I finally stopped eating all together. I felt bloated and gross afterwards from eating so much, but that usually how I feel after I leave Burritoville. Outside I ate a few peanut M&Ms; the chocolate was perfect tasting.

No comments: